Monday, September 23, 2013

Melbourne Trip - Part 1



Wed 11 Sep 2013

I have been invited to Melbourne to present a paper at a business conference.

Flew by SIA to Melbourne on the 2330 flight.

Reached Melbourne on Thur 12 Sep 2013 at about 9.15am local time.

From Melbourne Airport, I took the Skybus to the city centre. I've have seen many good reviews of this service via tripadvisor and indeed found it to be a reliable, low-cost airport bus that runs express between Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine) and Southern Cross Station in Melbourne’s city centre – 24/7, with day departures every 10 minutes. The adult fare is AUD 17 for a one way ticket and AUD 28 for a return.
SkyBus at the Hotel Windsor

The SkyBus Hotel Transfer Service provides a free transfer service between Southern Cross Station and selected city accommodation. I only need to wait for about 5-8 minutes before a smaller shuttle service arrived and pick me up to my hotel. Very efficient and punctual service indeed.

I stayed at the Travelodge Southbank, Melbourne. Managed to get it at a special room rate of AUD 99 a night. What I liked about this hotel is that its rooms have a kitchenette with microwave and tea & coffee making facilities. It is also within close proximity to the Yarra River promenade walk.



a kitchenette with microwave and tea & coffee making facilities

Comfortable bed, sofa and spacious
In less than 5 minutes from the hotel is the Yarra River promenade with plenty of eateries and buzz


No comments:

Post a Comment